Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chillaxers meets Leylander

1. What pushed you to make a photo blog about Cebu? Why Cebu?
When I started my photo blog, there were very few blogs about Cebu. And photo blogs about Cebu were almost unheard of. I wanted people from other parts of the country and the world to know how wonderful Cebu is. So, I started compiling photos of Cebu from various sites and placed them in one blog. A few weeks after starting this initial project, I was able to buy a digital camera. And slowly but surely, I began replacing the photos I 'borrowed' with my very own photos. I decided to blog about Cebu because I felt that I could help promote the place through it. Also, since I am a pure-bred Cebuano, I knew that I would be able to share first-hand information with regards to the things I post in my blog.

2. What are the things that you consider in making your photo blog post?
When making a post, I usually consider the number of materials available. Since I want readers to have an in-depth knowledge of the places I feature, my goal is usually to include at least ten photos in one post. This way, readers would be able to have an intimate connection with the place even though they've never actually been there. By posting a lot of photos of a particular place, readers get the feeling that they have experienced it personally.

3. Do you have set of standards for the photo blog post?
Usually, if I feel that my photos are not nice (too dark or too bright) I usually go back to the place to take new and better photos. As much as I want to highlight the beauty of the place, I feel that presenting nice photos would also help me achieve these goals. Also, after posting the actual entry, I re-read it to make sure that the items I have presented are indeed truthful and factual. Sometimes, when I am uninspired in making a new post, I let a set of photos lay idle for a couple of days until I am in the mood to post again. I believe that making posts when you are not in the mood can greatly affect the over-all impact of a post.

4. Are you the sole owner of the photo blog? If yes, how do you manage to maintain alone? If no, who are the people behind the my Cebu photo blog?
Yes. I am the sole owner of My Cebu Photo Blog. I feel that maintaining a blog is much easier if you do things on your own. You have control of your own schedule and you do not have to rely on others for materials needed to make a post. Since I have a day job, I usually plan weekend trips during the workweek. I go out and shoot during weekends with friends and family. Sometimes, I travel alone.

5. Do you have a time frame for blog posting?
I usually make it a point to make one new post every week. Sometimes, when I get to visit multiple places or do various post-worthy activities in one weekend, I try to post them in one week.

6. How to be an effective blogger?
To be an effective blogger, I believe that you simply have to be true to yourself. It is also important to be original and unique. If you are real and transparent, your readers will feel it. From there, it is fate that decides. Many will not like your style. But surely, many people will also enjoy your ways. Also, it is important to be relevant when making posts. Inject your personal opinions every now and then. But don't make them final and direct. Make these opinions open for scrutiny and questions to encourage interaction and activity. Through this, you will earn loyal and regular visitors.

7. As a blogger, what can you advise to the amateur bloggers to be responsible and effective?
The most important thing to remember when blogging is to blog not because you can earn from it but because you have something to share to the world. Blogging for income has become quite common nowadays. However, only a handful of these income-generating blogs have quality content. Provide quality content first before you entertain the idea of making money out of blogging.

Our group decided to interview Leylander, the owner of myphototblogcebu.blogspot.com. We gathered questions for him that would guide us on how to be an effective blogger. Through his answers we realized that making a blog we must have a heart and passion on what we are doing.

Check out Leylanders cool photo Blog: http://mycebuphotoblog.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. congratulations ley!!!!! we to go Cebu....

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Cebu-Philippines-vacation-rental-home-proID-52277.html

    ReplyDelete